PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Make Your Own: Apricot Jam

Doesn't this sound delicious and easy??

No Sugar Apricot Jam

Or should I say, no added sugar, considering the fruit sugar.  Either way, this jam was so easy, I don’t know why I haven’t been doing it for years.
apricotjam4
This recipe actually came from my mom.  She first gave us a box of apricots the other day, that needed to be used ASAP!  Then she told me about some new pectin in the stores that do not require adding sugar to your fruit.  It specifically says on the box, “No sugar needed.”
apricot jam1 I used
  • 6 cups of apricots
  • 2 TBL lemon juice
  • 1 box No sugar needed pectin
  • 1/4 cup concentrated apple juice
  • 3/4 cup water
apricot jam2 I through everything in a pot, and stirred.  Waited it to start boiling, and break down the apricots.
Then I put it into jars and straight into the fridge! No canning at this house!
apricot jam3 MMMM,  and you know what it tastes like?  Apricots!  Tangy and delicious, not sickingly sweet.  Apricots are supposed to be tangy!
apricot jam5

Super Healthy Kids is a great website---go check 'em out!

No comments:

tracking