PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Make Your Own: Yogurt

By now, you know I've been on a quest to make my own yogurt. I wrote about it here and here.  I was not quite able to master it on my own, so I have been DYING to get a yogurt maker to help me out. My big criteria was- it needed to have glass jars.  I also really didn't want to pay a ton of money. I researched on Amazon and read tons of reviews.   I finally decided on this little gem:
 
Deni 5600 1-Quart Electric Yogurt Maker


It holds six 6-oz jars and other than that is pretty basic.  My first batch was really successful. I used the directions that came with it, which had me use a 1/2 cup of natural yogurt (I used plain greek) and 1 qt of milk (I used whole).  Basically you boil the milk, let it cool, add the yogurt, mix.

Add equal parts to each jar and then pop it in the machine for 10 hours.   Ava and I like to add raw, local honey and some organic granola. Mmmm!







This is just an I love my yogurt maker post, no sponsors or anything!

No comments:

tracking