PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Monday, March 28, 2011

Phillies 5k

On Saturday, my husband and I ran a 5k down in South Philadelphia at Citizen Bank Park~ home of the Philadelphia Phillies!!  The race supported Phillies Charities and over 3,000 people ran!

It was JP's first 5k and my second and it was soooooo cool to run with him! It was about 30 degrees out, with a cool breeze, but it felt great while we were running.  Two of our best friends came to hang with Ava so that she could be there to cheer us on (THANK YOU, J and K!!!!).

We finished in 35 minutes with just a few short walks, and I couldn't be happier. My first 5k in January was 39 minutes~ that was the one I ran in 14 degrees and SNOW, so I just knew I had to beat that time! We have another one 4/30 and we're excited to shave even more time off our "record".  It's pretty awesome that we were able to finish in 35 minutes~ J had not quite finished the Couch to 5k Program, in fact, I think he was only in week 5 out of 9 and had not yet run 3.1 miles! I'm so proud of him, he really kicked BUTT!

Here are some pictures~ enjoy!



No comments:

tracking