PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Bake Your Own: Banana Bread

I will be the first to admit this horrifying fact:  I hate baking!!!!!

I don't know why, but I think it's because it's so messy (flour/sugar/eggs/blech), takes a lot of work, and then I feel like I want to eat whatever I baked and it's usually not too healthy!

My aunt gave us banana bread last week, along with the recipe, so I decided this is one I would like to try and I am so glad I did. It's EASY and really tasty!


Sour Cream Banana Bread

1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 cup butter

3 cups white sugar
3 eggs
6 very ripe bananas, mashed
1 (16oz) container sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 teaspoons baking soda
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup chopped walnuts (optional--my aunt used them, I did not)


  • Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
  • Grease four 7x3 inch pans (she used 8 small loaf pans; I used 5 small, 2 large)
  • In a small bowl, stir together 1/4 cup white sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
  • Dust pans lightly with cinnamon and sugar mixture.
  • In a large bowl, cream butter and 3 cups sugar
  • Mix in eggs, mashed bananas, sour cream, vanilla, and cinnamon.
  • Mix in salt, baking soda and flour.
  • Stir in nuts.
  • Divide into prepared pans.
  • Bake for one hour*, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
*The little pans are fully baked after 45 minutes, the larger take an hour.  When you touch the top of the bread, it should be springy.



I do not know where she got this recipe, as I only have a copied paper, but thank you to whoever created it...YUM!!!!!

No comments:

tracking