PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Down to Earth Cafe- Perkasie, PA


My new favorite place.... Down to Earth Cafe.  I have been there two time in the last two weeks, and both times I have gotten smoothies as a treat to myself during this crazy 100+ degree weather we have been having.  As I blogged the other day, I am getting a little bit obsessed with supporting my local farms (I will say, my ideas are always swimming in my head, though daily life does not always allow for carry-over!), so when I visited Down to Earth Cafe's website, I knew I had to check it out.

Down to Earth is a casual Café located in the heart of Upper Bucks County. Our mission is two-fold. We want to create the most flavorful food using fresh ingredients and we also want to create a warm friendly place for you to enjoy our food. To ensure freshness, we will use organic and local products whenever possible. This practice supports the area and all of its resources and also reduces our carbon footprint on the world by reducing all of the bio fuels to truck these items across the country, or import them from foreign countries. 

We feel that local and organic foods are not only healthier to us and the environment, but simply taste better too.

As far as decor, we feature a local artist and their work on our wall, and the furniture was hand crafted from a local man using old barn wood. We hope that you enjoy all that we have to offer and share in our vision of a healthier place to live. After all, the minds behind our Café are.... just plain down to earth themselves. 

The Maxwell Family 


Pretty cool concept, huh? The decor is simple and fresh, the smoothies are out of this world, and the service is delightful. I have encountered three different ladies during my two visits and all three were very friendly. 

The menu features breakfast and anytime fare, and they support the following local farms:


You have to let me know you go. Next free weekend, I plan to go have breakfast with J and Baby A!

No comments:

tracking