PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 17, 2010

A Note About Applesauce. Ugh.

You really have to be careful out there. The hubs and I were doing some grocery shopping at Costco over the weekend and I was excited to see the individual servings of applesauce. Why I need to buy them when they come in nice big jars, I don't know---yogurt in large containers does not bother me, but for some reason I love individual applesauce...baby steps.  I think the real reason behind it is: you can throw a pack of applesauce in your purse or diaper bag sans ice pack and you always have a yummy snack on hand.

Anyway.  I decided on a whim to check the ingredients and guess what the second one was? High fructose corn syrup. Blech.  I put them down and explained why to J.  Thankfully, we were headed to Target afterwards, and I was able to find Mott's Natural Applesauce (no sugar added) in little cups--the only ingredients are apples, water and vitamin C. Much cleaner.  Are you careful to check the labels, or do you faithfully purchase "healthy" foods?  It's pretty concerning to me because I tend to grab  and go. It seems that no packaged foods are truly safe (safe as in nutritious), you always have to check!


pic

No comments:

tracking