PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Make Your Own: French Toast Sticks

I made Baby A french toast sticks and she LOVED them! I fed her them without syrup, mainly because I wasn't sure how to handle sticky dip with an 11-month-old (she was finger feeding, I wasn't feeding her).

Use kitchen scissors to cut wheat bread into strips. I used about 10 pieces of bread.

Add 1 cup milk, cinnamon, 3 tablespoons of vanilla, and 4 eggs.  Mix well.

Melt a tablespoon of butter on a skillet.

Place your bread strips on the skillet and let them brown on each side.  If you would like, sprinkle a little cinnamon, sugar & or nutmeg on them.

Once both sides have browned nicely, serve with fresh strawberries and maple syrup.

YUM!

Abes loved it, and I packed some for her lunch tomorrow. We have plenty leftover this week and some to freeze.

No comments:

tracking