PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Make Your Own: Lasagna

Don't ask me why but I have NEVER made lasagna. I like it, but I don't love it.
I felt inspired while doing the grocery shopping and picked up a box of pasta to try it out.

I bought some ronzoni whole wheat lasagna noodles (noodles?) and used the recipe on the box.  Since there are only three of us, I made two smaller casseroles instead and froze one.




CLASSIC LASAGNA
In large skillet, brown meat; drain.
Stir in spaghetti sauce; simmer 10 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Lay flat on foil to cool.
Heat oven to 350°F.
In large bowl, stir together ricotta cheese, 1-1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, eggs, parsley, salt and pepper.
Spread about 1/3 cup meat sauce on bottom of 13 x 9 x 2-inch glass baking dish.
Arrange 4 pasta pieces lengthwise over sauce, overlapping edges.
Spread one-third cheese mixture over pasta; spread with about 3/4 cup meat sauce. Repeat layers TWICE, beginning and ending with pasta.
Top with remaining meat sauce; sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and additional Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Remove foil; bake about 10 minutes longer, or until lightly browned. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. 10 to 12 servings.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef [I used turkey sausage]
3 cups (about 28-oz. jar) spaghetti sauce [I made my own]
16 pieces (about 16 oz.) RONZONI HEALTHY HARVEST LASAGNA, uncooked
4 cups (2 lb.) ricotta cheese [I used low-fat]
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

No comments:

tracking