PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Tomatoes in a GLASS JAR!!

Remember when I scared you last week and told you BPA might be seeping into your tomato products in tin cans?   This has been weighing heavily on my mind and I am happy to report that I found something to be excited about!

In the organic section at Giant, I found strained tomatoes IN A GLASS JAR by Bionaturae.  It seems that Bionaturae is an organic company in Italy- hey can't go wrong there, right?  Yes, it's much more expensive than the Nature's Promise next to it, but look- there are 18 more oz.

I tried their pasta sauce recipe on the back of the jar and it was really good!!!

To make sauce:

Saute 4 cloves of garlic in 3 tablespoons of olive oil.
Add tomatoes.
I also added one fresh tomato.

Of course, I did not save the jar, but I think all you had to do after that was let it simmer 5-10 minutes. Then after you can add basil, salt, peper, whatever!

No comments:

tracking