PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Make Your Own: Tortellini Soup!

It's been raining cats and dogs here all day, so I thought it would be the perfect day to have some tortellini soup! I had never made it, so I looked up a recipe on allrecipes.com and modified.


Ingredients

  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach
  • 2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
  • 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini [I used fresh--found @ Giant with the refrigerated pasta]
  • 1/4 tablespoon dried basil
  • 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder [I used chopped garlic]
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • I added turkey sausage-YUM!

Directions

  1. In a large pot over high heat, combine the spinach and chicken broth. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low. 
  2. Chop garlic.
  3. Cook turkey sausage (cut it up into small pieces).
  4. Stir in tortellini, garlic, sausage and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the tortellini is cooked to desired tenderness. Season with basil, salt, and pepper.

6 comments:

Jennifer Parke Photography said...

This looks so good!

Anonymous said...

So how was it? I love Tortellini Soup, I actually have a family recipe that is to die for if you are ever interested...

Larann said...

this sounds amazing!

Caits said...

Oh, it was DELISH!!!!!


Meredith, I'd love it!

Unknown said...

This is one of my faves! I add some red peppers and carrots for extra goodness!

Caits said...

Good call, Leanne! I was thinking of how to make it a bit more nutritional!!! Thanks!

tracking