PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Go Visit: Farmicia

Mmmmmmmmmmm. I'm still thinking about my delicious brunch at Farmicia Restaurant in Old City, Philadelphia.  My best friend and I decided to check out Farmicia when I purchased a gift certificate to the restaurant on restaurant.com.  We were all ready to head into the city when I noticed that yes, you can use the GC on a Sunday but it must be used during dinner only. It was 11am. Oops.
After getting so hyped to try to fresh, local, and seasonal fare, we decided to tuck the gift certificate away for another evening (JP--date night??;)) and head there for brunch as planned.  The restaurant is located on 3rd Street right in the heart of Old City.  Just like many of the other popular eateries in the area, Farmicia is trendy, with low-lighting, great drinks and a tantalizing menu of fresh food!

My girlfriend decided right away she would like a Bloody Mary. Mmm, okay. It's going to be like that! I ordered the Farmer's Daughter which was a mimosa---bonus, "happy hour" runs during brunch on the weekend- 11-3pm which equals 1/2 priced drinks! Woo hoo!

We decided to split an appetizer of smoked salmon, bagel chips, capered cream cheese, red onions, and big juicy tomatoes.  Everything about it was perfect and I could have eaten a billion more.

For our actual meal, we went totally separate ways. She ordered fluffy buttermilk pancakes with real maple syrup.  I ordered the Lump Crabmeat & Green Apple Salad which consisted of crab, lemon-mint dressing, greens, creamed avocado-------ummmmmmmmmmm HEAVEN! It was the perfect blend flavors. Rich, fresh, delectable.

To understand a bit more about the restaurant, check out this info from their website, "FARMiCiA is the conception of Kevin Klause (formerly of the White Dog Cafe), James Barrett and Wendy Smith Born (owners of Metropolitan Bakery), who share a vision of a restaurant that captures the pleasures of simply crafted food and excellent beverages served in a relaxed yet lively environment. The emphasis is on great tasting food and beverages crafted from local, organic, and artisanal producers."


Pretty awesome. I cannot wait to head back to use my dinner gift certificate! 

No comments:

tracking