PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

Make Your Own: Roasted Beets with Goat Cheese





I know. What? 

I hate beets. Like seriously. 

Okay fine, maybe I have only ever had them out of a can a good 20 years ago.

My sister bought my family a box of organic fruits and veggies as a gift that got delivered to my door yesterday. I was excited about almost all of it, until I saw the BEETS. Yikes.
I was scared, but a little excited.  I figured, I am much older now, maybe my tastebuds have changed their attitude!

I went onto facebook and immediately asked my friends and family for some help. I got several awesome ideas and decided to try one given to me by my friend Jenna.


  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
  2. Drizzle a few beets olive oil and balsamic vinegar (I used red wine vinegar).
  3. Tightly wrap the beets in foil.
  4. Roast for about an hour.
  5. "Serve those tasty tender babies with some fresh goat cheese and thyme. YUMMO!"
I am shocked to say, I liked them. I border-line loved them. The hubs loved them, too!!!! Baby A was already done her lunch by the time we were eating but she tried one bite and really liked it, too! YEAH!!!

No comments:

tracking