PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Milk. You're Killing Me.

Eep. So awhile ago, I posted about Organic Milk and how cool it was and how healthy it was and all that stuff. Shortly after, my friend Jo-Lynne emailed me with some information which basically told me I was on the right track but wasn't quite there yet. Read on.

As Jo-Lynne reminded me, we have to get "Back to basics.  That's key.  As simple, natural, and unprocessed as possible."

I can handle that.

She sent me two links:

Healthy Milk- Kelly the Kitchen Kop breaks down the facts about buying healthy milk for your family.  According to her, the fact that some organic milk is so stinkin' pasteurized means that it is dead and barely resembles milk. Forget nutrients, the ones in there are synthetic. Lovely.
She also discusses low-fat vs. whole milk and brings up some points that I have never-ever considered and frankly I am not sure how I feel about it!


Organic Milk Score Card- OnlyGrassfed.com developed and published a scoring system that rated organic milk companies based on several factors, including the way they treat their animals.


After discussing milk further with Jo-Lynne, she sent me articles from her personal blog, Musings of a Housewife.

You can check them out below~

The Raw Milk Question

Pasteurized vs. Ultra Pasteurized Milk

Which Milk is Best, and Why

Whole Milk- Does it Make You Fat? (NO!)



Thank you so much, Jo-Lynne for all of your insight and research. I figured (by your posts) you are at least a year ahead of me in your journey, so I appreciate the links and info!!!!!

No comments:

tracking