PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Go Visit: Tabora Farm and Orchard

I wrote this post last week for Eat Local Philly and knew I had to share it with you guys!!!

Tabora Farm and Orchard is nestled in the heart of Bucks County, in Chalfont on Upper Stump Road. Whenever I have somewhere special to go, I always stop at Tabora for some treats. My mom and aunt have gone there for years, so it was a natural choice when I started buying for my family! Tabora Farm has an adorable country store that is packed with homemade baked goods (my husband's favorite is the apple turnover; mine are the pumpkin cupcakes), a full-service deli that has soup and quiche, their own produce, homemade jams and sauces, gourmet chocolates, homemade breads, fair-trade coffee, and a gift shop filled with cool trinkets and kitchen accessories. Seasonally, they offer pick-your-own fruit in their orchards.

On their website, you can choose from a variety of gourmet baskets that are absolutely perfect to send to friends and family for any occasion (my favorite is the Dinner Basket and Taste of Tabora basket).

Also to my delight, they now offer their own wine! The wine is made from their fruit and their stipulations by Peace Valley Winery which is quite literally right across the street.

Tabora is owned and operated by the Torrice family. I met Caleb when I was (extremely) pregnant with Ava and he was very kind and helpful.

Follow them on Facebook to stay up-to-date with happenings around the farm! Tabora is open daily from 7am until 7pm. **During the months of January, February, and March, they will be closed on Tuesdays.
1104 Upper Stump Road, Chalfont, PA 18914 USA
Phone: 215-249-3016 • Fax: 215-249-0417

No comments:

tracking