PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Make Your Own: Beans and Greens

Hands down, my new favorite food!!!! I have gotten escarole both weeks in my CSA pick up and it was the first time I had ever SEEN escarole, let alone eaten it! I emailed Gail at the farm last week and said, "What was the green plant your husband told me to keep wet if possible?"  She wrote back right away with a description and a link about it. YAY!

After that, I did a little google searching and found a recipe for Escarole and Beans. I was a little nervous to try it, but it's seriously my new favorite food (well that and roasted brussel sprouts but more on that later!)!!!!


Escarole and Beans

  • 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
  • 2 large heads escarole
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
  • 1 clove garlic, minced
  • 2 (16 ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained
  • 3 sprigs fresh parsley, chopped

Directions

  1. Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Toss in escarole, turning to coat with oil. Season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 10 minutes, or until tender.
  2. In a separate skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat. Stir in garlic. Pour in beans with juices, and simmer until creamy, about 10 minutes. Stir in escarole and parsley; simmer 10 minutes more.

Nutritional Information open nutritional information

Amount Per Serving  Calories: 322 | Total Fat: 11.8g | Cholesterol: 0mg


This is THE perfect dish for a cold night in with your family.  It's a healthy, creamy comfort food!  Baby A and the hubs LOVED this dish. MMMM!!!

No comments:

tracking