PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Ten On Tuesday

1. YAY It's Tuesday! Not Friday. Go me! We are still rocking the CSA pick up. We have another tomorrow, so I am going to make a soup tonight to use up the carrots, onions, and celery. We'll have to have salmon and potatoes to use the potatoes and chives for dinner...and then I still need to figure out what to do with the huge parsnip.

2. Do you know where I can buy LOCAL organic milk? We're currently getting it from the grocery store or Walmart, but I'd love to take it one step further and buy local.

3. Yesterday, I read a great blog entry over at Finding Our New Normal called Breakdown on Aisle 5. The blog is about a family who has been forced to make drastic lifestyle and nutritional changes due to an illness one of her sons is suffering from. Switching to better quality food is really overwhelming at times. It's scary and frustrating and you freak out when you realize you have been eating total crap for most of your life!

4. On Thursday, I will be going over to Kate's house for some cooking lessons!!! She sent me a little preview of the recipes we will be making and I am PSYCHED! I cannot wait to share my experience and our works of art with you all! For now, check out Kate's website!!

5. Speaking of local talented people, you absolutely MUST tune into The Doctors today (3pm)---they will be interviewing my SISTER about her website, Mama Cheaps!!!!!!

6. This blog started as a cronicle of Ava and my adventures and has morphed into a journey of personal (and family) improvement. I love it!

7. SPeaking of which, I have kicked my Dunkin Donuts habit. I never stop at Wawa for lunch, but I do love getting sushi at Genuardis. And every Genuardis has a Starbucks. And I am addicted to Peppermint Mocha Lattes. I looked up the nutritional info for a grande, nonfat milk, no whip, and here are the stats:

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (16 fl oz) Calories 280 Calories from Fat 25
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3g 5%
Saturated Fat 0.5g 2%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol <5mg 2% Sodium 120mg 5% Total Carbohydrate 59g 20% Dietary Fiber 2g 8% Sugars 49g Protein 12g Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 35% Iron 20% Caffeine 175mg *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Yea, a lot of fat and sugar. Crap. I would love to know what the actual ingredients are, too...

8. We are in week 2 of C25K and are still going strong. I was a little deterred by the fact that my hubs gets home from work when it's already completely dark, but apparently you can totally run in the dark. That kind of scares me but we will see!

9. Starting today, I am planning to pack my lunch every day. I am doing it for Ava, so why not for myself? Today I am on the road all day so I am taking hot soup in a thermos, a banana, and an apple-pumpkin muffin.
10. Saturday will mark three months soda-free!!! Now to work on those lattes!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Joshua said...

It might be a little far for you, but the Old Dutch Cupboard in Franconia is a great place for fresh local organic eggs, milk, nuts, candy, jelly, pasta, and plenty of other treats. It's a tiny little store, but I love it there.

kate said...

We're doing a similar thing to CSA here in my neck of the woods (desert?), and we got two big parsnips a few weeks back. I cut them up and roasted them along with a few carrots. Just toss some olive oil and salt on them. My husband and I decided they tasted like a cross between a potato and a carrot. They were yummy.

tracking