PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Ten on Tuesday [On Wednesday]

  1. I am on Thanksgiving break this week for school but let me tell you, I have been GOING, GOING, GOING! Sheesh! I edited 8 photography sessions, cooked a ton, photographed a bunch, and of course hung with Ava, and the break is not even half over!
  2. This morning, I'm using up the last of the CSA food from last week's pick up- Kohlrabi Soup, White Bean and Collard Green Soup, and Broccoli Rabe!
  3. I don't want to boast but I am offically 2lbs away from a huge goal of mine!! I think the running has really been helping.
  4. Speaking of running, I am on Week 4, Day 3! Yesterday, I went to run and my phone was dead. Shoot! I use the Couch to 5K App on there, so I tried to download it to my husband's phone, who happily charged my account, but did not feel the need to properly download. Arg! I had limited time because both J and A were about to wake up for the day, and J had to get ready for work. So I took J's phone as a watch and headed out the door. I warmed up and then ran. And I ran some more. I finally stopped jogging and looked at the time --15 minutes of consecutive running!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHH! This is huge for me!
  5. Happy Thanksgiving week! What are you eating? We're eating a lot of soups and a lot of veggies. We had my family's Thanksgiving on Saturday and it was delicous! I am looking forward to dinner at J's aunt's house tomorrow evening---I LOVE TURKEY!
  6. My CSA is half over and I'm pretty sad about it, but I am really looking forward to the full harvest year. 
  7. I must say, I have not been at a loss for meal planning AT ALL! I take whatever we have from the CSA and divide it up for meals- ie: I'll use something with collard greens one night, broccoli the next, cauliflower the next, make soup with potatoes and leeks another, etc! Some days (like today), I will make three meals (one or two of them will be soups), and I will freeze the soup. I have a nice little stockpile of fresh, local soup concoctions just waiting to be discovered during the cold dark winter evenings! 
  8. I tend to get very frustrated during my food journey. I constantly feel like "Ooh, this is the healthy thing to buy/way to prepare/food to eat/milk to drink" and then within a week or so, I find out why that is NOT the best option and why there's something even better (and usually much more expensive).
  9. I bought grass-fed milk two weeks ago, at $7.99/gallon (GAG ME!).  It tasted good, but guess what? Two days before it's expiration date (these are not ultra pastuerized, so they last as long as regular milk...because I read that is not the best option either ahhhhh), my husband said, "Babe, the skim milk smells weird." It did. Lovely. So I get the baby's milk out of the fridge to fill a sippy cup and not only does it smell AWFUL, it is FULL OF CHUNKS (double gag)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $16 down the drain. The store I bought it from was about 45 minutes away, so I didn't bother taking them back. I'm really disappointed though.  This week we bought Nature's Promise from Giant, which guarantees that the grain and grass they eat is certified organic. Oy.
  10. Are you a big Black Friday shopper? I am not....I cannot stand sleep-deprived crowds! If you're with me and want to shop from the comfort of your own home, check out this link to see the ROCKIN' Photography Specials I will be running!!!!!

No comments:

tracking