PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

After education...the key is PLANNING

I returned to work this week after a glorious nine-month maternity leave.  On Monday, I found myself realizing I needed to figure out a plan or I would never survive my three days of teaching.

Not only did I have to make sure I had enough diapers, wipes, and extra outfits for A, I had to figure out what to pack for snack and lunch.  My husband came home for lunch everyday while I was on leave, so I am used to making delicious/healthy lunches for us and I do not see a reason to stop now, so add on planning for our lunches and dinners this week. I wanted to ensure that we were eating well, while making it as easy as possible on myself.

I pulled up Google Calendar, and mapped our meals out on my schedule (my google calendar holds our personal engagements, photography appointments, and my work schedule, so why not throw one more thing on there?). 



So, on Monday, I made the Tomato Curry Lentil Soup.  We ate it for dinner with bread, olive oil, and spices. I sent some with A and my husband for lunch. I also froze a bag for a future meal for A. I made a double recipe of eggplant parm and put one in the fridge, one in the freezer, and while I was at it, made chicken parm and froze it.

A's new sitter looked at me a little funny when I told her what was for lunch today, but she ate it regardless. Normally I would cut it up nice and tiny for her, but for the ease of the sitter, and because we got in late last night (we had a new baby in the family born yesterday!), I pureed it.

I also packed snacks for both A and I, the night before each day.  I have found it essential to have a variety of food on hand to make it easy (Snacks for me included- raw nuts, dehydrated fruit, fresh fruit, pretzels. Snacks for A included fresh fruit, cheerios, and organic yogurt.)

I plan to do the same next week and hope to make some more "make ahead" and freezer meals.


No comments:

tracking