PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Fast Food ... A Big UGGGGH

That and portion control are my two big weaknesses.  The hubs and I love to eat out at restaurants, and to grab coffee on the go.


Eating out is two-fold-sucko...you spend money and USUALLY eat poorly.  Sure you can get a salad, but be careful what goes in it, you could end up consuming more fat and calories than if you had a huge burger and fries. Boooo!



Generally I do my best to make a good decision- like at my favorite Mexican place- I get something that "can't be THAT" bad for me.  Uhhh I looked up the stats on the best website ever- Dottie's Weight Loss Zone and was pretty saddened to find:
 860 cal/33 g fat/5 g fiber/98 g carbs 19weight watcher points

I did weight watchers a few years ago and I THINK I was allowed to consume 22 points per day (does that sound right?).
Those 19 points do not include cheese, beans, guac, OR chips on the side. I yi yi.






My husband and I love to get breakfast sandwiches on weekend mornings, though we haven't in a long time because I cannot justify eating that much fat/calories for breakfast.  At a restaurant that shall not be named here's our fave sandwich. 
Sausage Egg Cheese Bagel Sandwich (660 cal/35 g fat/3 g fiber/63 g carbs) 15.5 
Crap, that's a LOT of freakin' fat.



As we teach preschoolers about eating healthy, we often tell them foods fit into two categories: 
good foods / sometimes foods


That sandwich should = a never ever food. Eesh.


But it tastes so good!

Last week I stopped at good old Wawa for some cash to pay the sitter. Never one to resist a hot cup of brazillian coffee, I filled up a cup. While I was walking to the register, I was tempted. I was hungry. Everything smelled so good. It was a cold day--soup would be good! Even better, mac and cheese!  Maybe a shortie hoagie? Be strong. Be strong. Be strong!


What did I get, you ask? I got a VEGGIE SNACK!


It had broccoli, cauliflour, carrots, and celery with some light ranch dip.
It  was 130/cal  7g/fat  3g/fiber
The fat was in the dressing, so I tried to go light on it


What are your tips and tricks for eating out?  Where do you go? What do you get? 








No comments:

tracking