PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Make Your Own: Ham, Egg, and Cheese Bake

Ham, Egg and Cheese Bake....

DELISH!




 As you can see above, I took a slight detour by adding tons of veggies. If you don't know how I roll by now, let me tell you. I'm like the Sneaky Chef, but I'm not sneaky at all. I'm Captain Obvious. My veggies are all out in the open but they are plentiful and they are yummy!

I added green bell pepper, red pepper, broccoli, and a few mushrooms- all that were sauteed beforehand.  I used the leftover ham from mac and cheese last week, and used two different cheese blends, mainly because I did not have enough!



  • 6 Servings
  • Prep 15 min
  • Bake 40 min

Ingredients:

  • 4 to 6 slices white bread, crust trimmed and discarded, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
  • 8 ounces sliced deli ham, coarsely chopped
  • 2 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
  • 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
  • 6 large eggs
  • 1/2 cups milk
  • Salt and pepper
  • 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
Veg out
Skip the ham and swap in an extra layer of sliced tomatoes.

Directions:

  1. Preheat the oven to 350°. Grease a 2-quart baking dish. Layer the bread, ham, 2 cups cheese and 2 tablespoons chives in the dish. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Pour into the dish and top with the tomato slices in an even layer.
  2. Bake the eggs until nearly set, about 30 minutes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup cheese and 1 tablespoon chives on top and bake until golden.


Baby A ate this as a finger food and devoured it. The hubs and I both enjoyed seconds;)

Thanks, Rachel Ray!

No comments:

tracking