PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Monday, January 18, 2010

Spicing up 16 Bean Soup

For those of you who don't know (JEN J!), you can buy a bag 'o beans at the grocery store- usually 15 or 16 different beans to make soup with. The directions are right on the bag- it's pretty easy!  You do have to soak the beans overnight so plan ahead with this meal.



(img)
I made some yesterday and was surprised that it came with a chili seasoning. That excited me, but I was not totally pleased with the lack of oomph it provided.

Here are some ways we like to add flavor to our soup...

1. Use chicken stock instead of water (shoot for low fat/sodium)
2. Add ham
3. Add ground turkey (cook it first!!)
4. Add other veggies (celery, carrots, onions, whatever else you enjoy)
5. Experiment with other spices---taco seasoning, curry, cumin even!
6. Add tomatoes


Last week, I added ground turkey and the veggies. Maybe I diluted the seasoning too much by adding extra broth and other ingredients?

Baby A loved it. I spoon fed it to her and was careful of the larger beans (sliced them in half with her spoon).



No comments:

tracking