PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Guest Post: Strategies for Picky Eaters

Welcome, Devon of Mamacheaps.com!  I love following the story of my niece, the "picky" eater, and how my sister is slowly but surely turning that kid into a food lover!!!
*I have been making my way through the two books below.  Here is a repost of why I started using them!

It appears that we have reached a big turning point in Lily Bean’s eating habits. For the past few months she has been rather picky when it came to certain food textures. She went from the wonder baby who ate any puree I gave her to the temper tantrum having wild child flailing and spitting out any kind of food that appeared undesirable to her. She was quickly becoming a carb-a-holic- plain pasta, breads, waffles, pancakes, crackers… and bananas. LOL They were her main staple, as well as a few french fries and chicken nuggets thrown in for kicks. And ice cream. But that’s her dad’s fault. Anyway.
Last week, out of the blue, my stubborn eater decided that she was going to share my chunky bean soup that I was having for lunch. WHAT?! I tried not to get too excited, but I’ll admit- I was stoked. Even more exciting is that this new food-itude seems to have stuck- she is now eating pasta with sauces, different meats… last night she enjoyed our chicken/rice/bean enchilada sauce dinner with us- yelling, “MMMMMMMMMM!” after each bite.
Now that we’re on a roll, I am really motivated to keep up the food exploration. I wanted to share the two books that I have added to my arsenal. I used some Swagbucks for Amazon gift cards and grabbed:
The Sneaky Chef by Missy Lapine ($11.35)


Deceptively Delicious by Jessica Seinfeld ($9.98)


New update: I have really been enjoying the show Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution on Friday nights! Yesterday I ordered his book by the same name: Jamie Oliver’s Food Revolution from Amazon for $19.25!  It’s arriving TOMORROW- I can’t wait!  I will add this one to my arsenal of healthy home cooking recipes!
What cookbooks can you not live without??

1 comment:

kate said...

Thanks for the book suggestions. Up to this point, Top 100 Baby Purees by Annabel Karmel has been my go to book for Bridget's food. Her book has great recipes and also gave me the confidence to make up my own recipes after seeing how she combined things. Now that Bridget's going to be 1 *gasp* I'm looking into her toddler meals books.

tracking