PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Make Your Own: Feta, Tomato, and Spinach Sandwiches

I used to have a real weird obsession with breakfast sandwiches. I just LOVED them. Like, loved them, and ate them whenever I could, usually with sausage, which I knew was fatty and bad for me, but I didn't realize how bad until I met with the nutritionist who placed breakfast meat on the never-ever-eat-meat-list. Eep!

So....I've had to cut them out, and I am happy to report I have not had breakfast meat since!

And since I've been seeing my weight drop, I can't say I really miss it. On my day off last week, I found myself wanting a breakfast sandwich so I decided to create something yummy and wholesome instead of indulging and going out for $5 of fat and grease!

Ingredients~
1 whole grain english muffin
Handful of spinach leaves
1 Roma tomato, halved and gutted
Feta cheese


1) Toast the english muffin
2) Sprinkle feta cheese on each muffin.
3) Top with spinach and then 1/2 a tomato on each side.
4) Enjoy as an open-faced sandwich.

2 comments:

Michelle J. said...

Ahhhh....but not all breakfast meats are bad! Canadian bacon and turkey bacon are better options if you are really dying for a meat filled breakfast sandwich. I also have been meeting with a nutritionist and I LOVE it. I am sorry I didn't start earlier.

Caits said...

Hey! True....but I don't really like them. I'm a sausage or pork roll kind of girl!!!! Too funny!

tracking