PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Monday, May 3, 2010

Make Your Own: Chicken Noodle Soup a la Skinny Chef

This soup kicks @$$!! It's chicken noodle with a little bite....delish.

I got this from Secrets of a Skinny Chef: 100 Decadent, Guilt-Free Recipes.

10 Minute Chicken Noodle Soup
2 tbsp olive oil
2 carrots, peeled and thinly sliced
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
1 small red onion (I used yellow because that's what I had) chopped
1 tsp lemon zest from 1 lemon (I didn't have any lemons)
1 tsp mild chili powder
1/2 tsp ground celery seed
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 32-oz carton reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1 cup water
1 cup small egg noodles (I used 1 cup whole wheat shells)
1 rotisserie chicken (about 3 lbs), skin discarded and meat shredded (I used chicken breasts, cooked, shredded)
1/4 cup packed fresh tarragon leaves (I didn't have this either)

Heat Oil in a large stockpot over medium-high heat.
Add carrots, celery, and onions.
Cook 4-5 min until veggies soften.
Add lemon zest, chili powder, celery seed, coriander, pepper.
Cook 1 more minute until veggies are cooked through and carrots are soft.

Add chicken broth, water and noodles to the veggies.
Bring broth mixture to a boil and cook 3-4 more minutes, until noodles are tender.
Add chicken and tarragon. Stir to combine.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

tracking