PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 1, 2010

Wok.....YEA!


I've been continually building my kitchen so I can make amazingly delicious and healthy meals for myself and my family. Inspired by Jamie Oliver, I picked up a wok pan. My mom actually went through a huge stir-fry phase, she had an electric wok. Unfortunately, we couldn't find that at my sister's house, so I decided to go the non-electric route.

We've been using this pan non-stop. At Costco, I bought a HUGE bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables for about $10.

We've been adding fresh veggies to the mix (the frozen mushrooms are pretty rubbery...) and then adding chicken, fish, or in the future I'm sure we'll add beef.

Delish! There are so many ways to add flavor~ olive oil, soy sauce, spices/herbs, teryaki, etc etc etc.  I haven't gotten any lo mein noodles yet, but I'd like to try my hand at that, too! YUM!

Not very healthy (lots of sugar), but here's a wondeful Teriyaki BBQ Sauce I made last week!

The following makes enough to fill a ten ounce jar which previously held instant coffee.
3 tbsp. butter
4 garlic cloves, chopped
2 sm. onions, chopped or finely sliced
3 c. catsup
1 tsp. chili powder
3 tbsp. mustard
6 tbsp. Teriyaki or soy sauce
12 tbsp. brown sugar
Melt butter. Saute garlic and onions together until tender. Remove from heat. Add catsup, chili powder, mustard, and Teriyaki or soy sauce. Stir until well mixed. Add brown sugar. Stir while adding.Excellent for pork chops, ribs, chicken, beef cubes, steak, and chopped meat (hamburger or meat loaf).

No comments:

tracking