PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Snacks...on the go

What do you take when you're on-the-go? I tend to have difficulty finding something that will fill me up...and will keep in the car.  During the week, I am an itinerant teacher (special ed teacher who drives around to all their students' schools) and on the weekend I run my photography business.  I am in the car a lot and it's very easy to resort to old (bad) habits~ quick run into Wawa, Dunkin' Donuts' drive-through...you get the point!

After meeting with a nutritionist recently, I realized I need to make sure I am getting enough servings of fruit and veggies each day.  I get most of my fruit in my smoothies (which I also take in the car), but don't always get the full amount of veggies (1 serving = 1 cup raw, 1/2 cupped cooked).

I have started taking this:


It's about 1 cup of celery and 1 cup of carrots.

I eat them dry, and I stick the carrot in the groove of the celery, like little "sandwiches".  This is a good and easy snack to eat while I am driving, and after two weeks of this, I must say, I actually enjoy it!

2 comments:

Michelle J. said...

Just thought I would share my recent experience. I was tired of baby carrots so I actually bought the organic "real (not baby)" carrots. I only bought organic b/c they were only 10 cents more. I also recently met with a nutritionist and I am not obsessed with organic but if the cost is not much more I def. go for it. Anyway, they take more time b/c you have to peel/cut, but they taste 100% better than baby ones so you might enjoy them a bit more. Just a thought! I was just tired of getting bland baby carrots and these organic ones are great!

Caits said...

hey! Interesting- I didn't realize they would have a taste....but that makes sense because recently I began getting organic baby carrots and I was wondering why I never realized how sweet baby carrots were!! HA! Thanks for the input!

tracking