PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Make Your Own: Healthier Spaghetti Sauce

As you know, I recently purchased a food processor.

I decided to play with it the other night while cooking up some whole wheat raviolis (from Trader Joes or Whole Foods, I forget, but they were really good!).   I really want to make my own healthy spaghetti sauce but have not found a recipe that I can commit to yet...so in the meantime, I took 1 jar of spaghetti sauce and processed:

2 fresh plum tomatoes
1 small yellow onion (peeled)
1/2 cup celery (cooked it a bit to soften)
1 cup of carrots (cooked a bit to soften)


The sauce was sweet and really good. It was a little bumpy which we all liked (not chunky but definitely not totally smooth).  The hubs and Baby A approved, they each had seconds. I jarred 2 8oz portions, and froze another portion.

The only problem~I think I had too much in their because a little leaked into the bottom of the bowl. Whoops.


Do you have an awesome (preferably clean) healthy spaghetti sauce recipe? Email it to me! babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

No comments:

tracking