PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Make Your Own: Quiche

Yesterday I made two quiches and they were my first and second ever. I did not make my own pie crust, I bought one at Trader Joe's.  I used a recipe from allrecipes.com and adapted as I went.

Two Quiches, One Recipe:
Mushroom, spinach, feta cheese quiche
Tomato, broccoli, cheddar quiche


They were both very well received and everybody seemed to have their favorite. Me: mushroom. Baby A: hard to tell, she enjoyed both!

1. Spread pie crust over pie plate.  Use one teaspoon of softened butter and spread it all over the bottom of the crust.

2. Layer your sauteed veggies on the bottom.



3. Next, add 2 cups of cheese (much less for feta, I used less than one container).



4. Whisk 4 eggs, 1 cup 1/2 & 1/2, teaspoon of salt until mixed. Pour on top of the cheese.
5. Bake @ 400 for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 for an additional 35 minutes. Quiche should be firm when you take it out. Let stand for 10 minutes.



Fabulous!

1 comment:

Larann said...

both sound and look delicious!!

Blog Archive

tracking