PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Day 1: Standard Process Cleanse!

Today marks day 1 of a 21-day cleanse process. I am doing the Standard Process cleanse under the guidance of my nutritionist. Basically, from day 1-10, you eat only veggies, fruit, and supplements (all made from whole foods). Days 11-21, you begin incorporating lean proteins. I am excited yet a little nervous. I am not doing it for weight loss, though every online account I have come across talks about weight loss, so that would be a nice added bonus!

At this point, I feel like I have severely lessened my cravings for sugar- I only drink honey in my coffee, and rarely indulge in treats like cake, ice cream, etc.  I am excited to see how I feel during and after, I hear it's like you re-set your body back to how it should be!



My first shake- I was nervous so I did add fresh strawberries, 1/2 banana. I also didn't have any ice so I was afraid all I'd taste is protein powder!

Results, well, I got it down and will have to cut down on the fruit I know but wow that's chalky stuff:)


Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Mama J said...

This sounds awesome! Good luck! I need something like this. I was fully eating clean before I got pregnant with K--then I just started eating anything that didn't make me want to gage--even processed foods. My biggest weakness is sugar. I'm guessing that this cleanse is not recommended for nursing moms, but I'd love some more info on your nutritionist.

tracking