PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Standard Process: Day 10

Today was great. For the first time in ten days, I did intense yoga. You're supposed to work out when you can on the cleanse, but in the begining I did NOT feel like it. Then I had some energy but literally every day I'm running from the time I wake up until the time I go to bed. The yoga felt good and really had me sweating. It's a 50 minute one on On Demand (Comcast), called Yoga Works Slim. I actually was able to hold the one-armed plank for as long as they tell you to, which is a first for me! YAY!

I woke up and drank a smoothie and was THISCLOSE to drinking some coffee. I made it for my husband and put a little extra in (I even mixed the caffeinated and decaf).  He poured his into his huge Lifefactory Bottle, and then proceeded to pour his milk in, while noticing a nasty stench. Yup, the milk went, so down the drain went all the coffee and oddly enough there was JUST enough for him to fill up another bottle, so I took it as a sign, to just wait until tomorrow:)

Ava and I busted out the juicer and made some juice with tomatoes, carrots, an apple, juice from one lemon, and 4 celery stalks. AMAZING! We put two straws in and drank away. We kissed at the end (since it was so romanic hehe) and then she demanded, "MORE!" Of course, I didn't have any, but I did have the warm fuzzy feeling in my heart, knowing my two year old just drank tomato-carrot-lemon-apple-celery juice!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lunch was a smoothie, my supplements of course, they are always taken 3x per day, and some stir-fry with 1/2 cup brown rice.  Stir fry veggies are NOT my favorite. I used a mix of fresh and frozen and just kind of got it down.  The rice was delightful.
As a snack, I roasted some Brussels Sprouts. Delish.
I got word today that TOMORROW (day 11) I can include nuts and beans in my diet as I add in lean protein! This is a major score, as I am getting a little bored, I want some hummus (made with white beans), and I have two parties this weekend. I'll take hummus one day, avocado dip another, so I have more choices to eat.

Around 5pm, I took my supplements and drank my shake. We went to my in-laws for a bit so when I came home I wanted to try juicing again because nothing looked good in the fridge (except cheese, turkey, fish, etc).
I juiced 1 beet, several baby carrots, many stalks of celery, 1 lemon, 1 orange. It wasn't delicious, but it was oddly good, but was definitely ruled by the beet. Ava and I put two straws in again and shared the juice. I thought to myself, "she is never going to drink this" but guess what? Again she asked for more. If you plan to juice with a child, check out this site for daily intake recommendations for kids! I love this juicing thing and am going to spend some time looking for blogs on it--if you have any please leave them in the comments!!

Last but not least today, I finished up with a little serving of sweet potato chips!

No comments:

tracking