PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2011

Make Your Own: White Bean Hummus

I really need to do a post about the awesome nutrition class I am taking, but in the meantime I will tell you this- I am learning all about my blood type and what types of food work best in my body.  You can learn all about yours here.

I love, love, love hummus, but according to The Blood Type Diet, chickpeas are not the best type of food for me, white beans are a much better choice. My body is better able to break down and process white beans. Interesting, huh?

In planning my daughter's second birthday party, I figured I'd buy pita chips and hummus to serve with pizza to the family who will be coming  back for dinner/cake. My friend Kate asked me what I'd be cooking and I was kind of stumped. Fruit salad? That's all I had planned. I started googling white bean hummus, and came up with this delicious recipe. It could not have been any easier, it was SIMPLE! (For the record, I spent most of the day preparing, and even made some salsa instead of buying it! Go me!)


White Bean Basil Hummus (Makes 1 1/2 Cups) 
Found on Weelicious
1 Can Cannelini or Northern White Beans, rinsed and drained
1 Cup Fresh Basil
1 Small Garlic Clove
Juice of 1 Lemon
2 Tbsp Tahini
1/2 Tsp Salt
1/4 Cup Olive Oil

1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
2. Serve with vegetables, pita chips or as a sandwich spread.




I made a double batch and couldn't help myself from snacking on it this afternoon! The fresh basil and lemon juice take it to a whole new level!

No comments:

tracking