PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Make Your Own: Strawberry Spinach Salad

Mmmm. I stole got this recipe idea from my step-mom~ I don't usually think to put fresh fruit in my salads, though I do add dried cranberries from time-to-time.

Ingredients:
4 cups organic spinach
8 organic strawberries, hulled, cut in half.
20 roasted almonds
1/4c feta cheese

Combine all ingredients, toss lightly. We eat good-sized salads, so this would be enough for two of us. Sometimes I won't use any dressing, other times, I will use a little bit~ any vinaigrette will do. My step-mom uses a creamy poppyseed dressing, but I haven't been able to find it in my travels yet!

1 comment:

BSchwendy said...

We love our spinach and strawberry salad with candied walnuts or pecans, whatever we have on hand. Simply crush the nuts, but in a saute pan with granulated sugar and heat until gooey - let dry and re-crumble. Soooo yummy!

tracking