PhotobucketPhotobucket

Email me!

Send comments, pictures, recipes, links and ideas!

babyinthekitchen@gmail.com

Subscribe Now

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Whole Foods: Wild-Caught Seafood Sustainability Ratings

Last year I made a commitment to purchase seafood and meat at the counter instead of heading straight to the freezer cases for pre-packed/pre-weighed/pre-priced items.  On my recent visit to Whole Foods, I was thrown for a loop when I noticed color-coded stamps by each type of fish.  At my store, it looked like this:

You can read more about the rating scale here.  I think this is a great initiative and really helps me to feel informed as a consumer. There were a few types of fish that I would have normally considered, but I will definitely think twice about purchasing for my family.

Have you noticed this new rating scale? Will it sway your purchases in the future?

No comments:

tracking